Annotated Bibliography
http://earth911.com/recycling/
"Recycling"
This site was about how important recycling is and just gave a good definition of it. It also shared some of the key purposes of recycling. Lastly it told why these purposes were beneficial.
http://www.epa.gov/recyclecity/mainmap.htm
"Recycle City"
This site was very interactive. It showed a city and you could click on certain areas to learn more about recycling and what we can do to help. It shows all the places that can recycle and how they can. Also tells specfic things you can recycle and which you can't. It also gives ideas for communities that will help them live cleaner. Lastly it has activites you and teachers can do.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recycling
"Recycling"
This one had alot of information. It gave the main definition and why people use it. Also describes some of the benifits. Next it tells of the many recyclable products.Then it explains the 3Rs concept of reduce,reuse,recycle. It also shows the how the critics of recycling see it. Through the rest it goes into great detail about certain products and recycling history.
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/why-is-recycling-important.html
"Why is Recycling Important?"
This site wanted people to be informed about how they can protect and preserve the environment and natural resources by recycling. It then gives a detailed description of the process and just an overview of what it is. Then it gives specific reasons why it is important and some causes that will hopefully make people want to recycle.Lastly it gives other sites you can look at to learn more about recycling.
2 comments:
Hi Ashley! I think your presentation was very informational and I thought it was good. There are definitely three things that I learned. I learned a lot about a lot about recycling and why it is important to recycle. I also learned a lot about how it effects animals living by trash. Another thing that I learned is that trash and other things are destroying the Coral Reef. I didn't know that. There was also a lot that I found interesting. I thought that all of the slides were interesting and how easy recycling can really be. There is one thing I would like to learn more about. I would like to learn more about the Coral Reef because I don't really know what it is. I thought overall it was a very well- put together presentation
Meghan
Very good job. I was unaware that there was a species of bird called the Wedge-tailed Shearwater, and i didn't know that coral reefs took years to rebuild.the fact that employment would go up .I found it interesting how much wee could save if everyone recycle newspapers for 1 day. your ideas about helping recycling interested me. I would like to know if our city picks up recyclables.
Post a Comment